Saturday, April 7, 2012

Artsy Fartsy


College has given me new reasons to make art. Lots of it.. for a grade. I've gotten the chance to work with materials I've never worked with before, and use techniques I've never tried. Some interesting results have emerged, and a brief description of the major ones follows:

-Copper Wire Horse bust, covered with tracing paper that was soaked in acrylic emulsion.
- 2 clay nudes, sculpted with a short time limit while looking at a live model in class
- my first hand cast, pieces broke during the hardening process so I made the most of it and turned it mechanical looking.
- second cast turned out perfect, so I cast my torso in plaster and finished it with shoe polish. my hand is spray painted and details done by hand. The hand gesture is the sign language meaning love, and I placed it a shadow box I carved in the chest st symbolize my heart.
-we had a mold making project where we took eggs and put clay on them to make a figurative sculpture, I chose an owl, and then made a silicone mold from which I cast plaster repeats.
-When tressa unpacked we found a painting I had made her a few years ago, no one else has seen it (to my knowledge) so I threw it in here too.

CLICK HERE FOR ART PICS

No comments:

Post a Comment