Friday, April 6, 2012

A Long Pause


I know, I know. I said I wouldn't do it again- make you wait this long for an update... but I have a real and proper excuse this time... homework! LOL. As many of you know I've just entered my second term of college. It's been a fun and exciting (see: busy) time so far, but I'm loving every second of it. At times I think to myself "this isn't so hard... I could have done this right out of high school," but then I stop myself. This journey of a life I've had, it has proceeded precisely the way it should. I'm getting WAY more out of this school experience now than I would have at age 17. It's more meaningful since I'm the one who chose to go, because I wanted to, not because it was simply expected. Having lived a little longer, I've gleaned a perspective that my 17 year old self could never have, that this experience is truly valuable and it's up to me to make the most out of it. The outcome depends solely on myself and I intend on making the most out of it... but I digress! You came here for photos and videos of my adventures, not  me pontificating on my college experience lol.

I will try to do a brief re-cap of the last four months since the last update:

-Casey and I took a trip to Seattle
- Went to FL for the holidays
-Got fired from the phone job on Christmas day
- The Oregon City housemates and I celebrated the holidays when I returned
-Went to the Zoo
-Shaved my hair off for Alia
- Started College at Clackamas Community
-Tressa and I jointly adopted a Green Cheek Conure
-Took a trip to Mt. Hood
-Me, Casey, Tressa, and her girlfriend Rachel all moved in together 
-Took another trip to Mt. Hood
-Shaved my head again because I decided I really like it
-We threw an awesome house-warming party
-Went to the coast with Casey
-Casey and I just celebrated our 9 month anniversary.
-Made a bunch of art for my class.

All the spare time between the above events has pretty much been filled up with homework and moving/unpacking.

Not as visually exciting of an update as previous ones, sorry about that... Moving away from the Gorge has  changed what types of activities we do in our small spare time. Instead of being minutes from hiking and waterfalls, we are now minutes from places like  Wunderland: the nickel arcade/ $3 movie theater, Mcmenemans: and awesome local chain of cheap movie theaters/pub/restaurants/ soaking tubs, food carts, urban parks, coffee shops, art galleries, shops, museums. and other city dwelling activities.


Here's the last four months in words and pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment