Friday, September 14, 2012

Everybody loves a good hiking blog right?


   I have five posts about new hikes I've done recently. I figure I'll start us off with the most exciting: Mt. St. Helens. Little sister to Mt. Hood on the Portland skyline, this notorious volcano has been a must see destination ever since I moved out west. Our whole household went the 2 hours journey up to see her. Two of the roomies were beginner level hikers so we chose an easy trek (only one pie rating for those who remember the pie system) around a picturesque lake, and did a lot of automobile exploration. We came across an interesting visitor center with a museum dedicated to the volcano and it's history. While we were driving we saw a heard of elk... they ran into a wooded area but I managed to capture a photo of one's rear end. The mountain itself was being unfortunately shy the day we visited. Most of her top was obscured by thick cloud cover but she was magnificent and breathtaking nonetheless. The sheer scope of the landscape was hard to take in. When surrounded by such a large vista I feel infinitely small, and I like it. This is definitely a place I will have to return to many times in the future.


The highlights in a video: 
Just a reminder (this goes for all the videos to follow), make sure your speakers are turned up to hear the music (I spend alot of time choosing music for my vids, I think it adds interest) and also to make sure you load the video in its highest quality by clicking the gear shaped button in the lower right area of the movie and selecting the topmost number. You may need to pause the video to let it load fully before you play it so it doesn't skip or lag.  CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO 

There are many photos that didn't make it into the video:CLICK HERE FOR PICS 



No comments:

Post a Comment