Friday, December 9, 2011

Finishing the Falls Creek Falls Hike






A while back Ash did a solo hike of Falls Creek Falls and blogged about it. She loved it so much so took me there but because of my job schedule that day we were unable to complete it. A few months ago we went back and finished it together and boy am I glad. It was spectacular! It had one of the best trail destinations I've seen so far. It was a moderate hike through an old growth forest that had the largest trees I've ever seen. The falls so massive I couldn't get it all in one photo! And with the sun shining down through the mist it was just a magical place to experience. There were parts of the trail that looked alot like the scrub pine woods in florida, but then we turned a corner and we could have been in the redwood forests of california. The roar of the falls was almost deafening and could be heard way before it could be seen. We had some fun climbing around on the giant boulders near the falls and soaking in the sun rays. A very highly recommended hike.

Click here for the photos: Falls Creek Falls Pics

No comments:

Post a Comment