Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Once Upon a Garden



 Many of you probably remember that Ash and I had a garden when we lived in Stevenson. We were composting and growing organically a wide variety of veggies and plants including peas, carrots, onions, herbs, broccoli, brussels sprouts, amaranth, spinach, chard, squash, and some non edibles.  Thanks to Alia for a majority of the seeds! Some did better than others, but all in all we had a pretty good haul for out first time growing in an unfamiliar climate and soil type. What a satisfying feeling being able to walk out to the back yard and eat a pea right off the vine! Sometimes when out working in the garden I would find myself singing this song called "Hammer and a Nail" by the Indigo Girls. I identified with the lyrics in relation to wanting to be more hands on and self sustaining in my life, so much so that I decided to put all the photos I'd been storing up into a slideshow with that song. Here's a link to the video (Dont forget to turn up your speakers!): 


Here's a link to the individual photos  if you want them: 










No comments:

Post a Comment